Coachella

Saturday, November 12, 2011

The Rice Box

So I got to go to the grand opening of The Rice Box today. And I must say... it was definitely grand. So... where to start?


Well first off, kudos have to go to John and Arthur for such a great job on this food truck. No corners were cut getting this baby prepared to be launched. It looked great from the menu to the vinyl on the car provided by underground graphics. Props to having the first chinese food truck in Houston and being able to provide a great first time experience.


I was lucky enough to have a pre-opening tasting the other day and really got to experience a lot of the things on the menu.


Today unfortunately the General Tso's and Sesame Chicken was sold out when I arrived so I settled for one of the many great options they had. I ordered the Kung Pao Chicken and I was glad I did. The chicken pieces are bigger than your normal kung pao chicken from restaurants and the sauce was just right. They give you the right amount of chicken to rice ratio. Having the chicken on top of the rice makes for great rice as you get closer to the bottom because of all the sauce dripping down. I must say I was impressed. The egg roll that they serve with it is also pretty damn good. I love my egg rolls so I can't say that I was disappointed. Also they include a fortune cookie which is a huge bonus because you get lucky lotto numbers and a saying that probably isn't a fortune at all. Mine said "Love Conquers All." You get all of this... just for 7 bucks. I say that's a pretty damn good price for a food truck and for everything you get.


I got to try the General Tso's chicken the other day and I was REALLY blown out of the water with that. I just have to say that the breading is on point and the sauce is not your typical restaurant style sauce. It had a lot of thought put into it and definitely tastes amazing.


I can see the success of this food truck just over the horizon and I think they should have no problem wooing other customers over.


Trash can action.

Orders up!

Thumbs up!

Awesome menu.

Mayday Mikey.

The Chef!

Nomnomnom

Kung Pao Chicken

Waddup!

The Golden Doomba




Follow them!








Follow them on twitter and support local Houston food trucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment