Coachella

Friday, November 18, 2011

Friends

It's funny how I have to make this post. Well... not that I HAVE to. But that I want to make this post and even have to say something of this sort.


So where do I start? 


Well good friends will always be good friends right? Wrong. Of course that's a stupid question. No one will stay friends forever. Now what about best friends? Same stupid question.


I guess what I'm trying to get at is that... you shouldn't mix business with friends. As much as you want to include your homies in your business endevours... just don't.


My personal experience? Well let me tell you. I had a friend that I spent countless hours talking to about starting a clothing line. Starting a company from scratch among a couple friends to possibly because rich and famous with? Doesn't sound too bad right?


Well once we get started, what happens? Damn I'm too busy bro. Sorry I can't commit the time. 


All perfectly understandable. Maybe it was my own misconception that he wanted it just as bad as me. So I forced him to stay in the company. Honestly, I did. I pretty much told him that I'd pick up the slack and just to stick by it and come back in full force when he wasn't so busy. 


But damn. This is where the friendship parts come in. 


You make phone calls to chill. Texts to drink. Emails to do whatever. But nothing. 


I don't know what he's thinking. Maybe he thinks everything is business related? Maybe he really is TOO damn busy for everything... with school and all right?


What I don't personally understand is how someone is able to post updates/statuses and stuff on facebook about a new game you picked up or that you're out drinking with other friends. 


Damn for real homie? I thought we were best friends. I really thought you'd be my best man one day at my wedding. But I guess I was wrong. It's funny how a person can change so fast and so much in this short amount of time. 


You are a bad business partner. And I guess that is obvious because you don't want to be a business person. So that's my bad for asking you to be a part of this.


As for being a bad friend? That's all on you homie. And I don't want to say that you aren't capable of being a good friend. Because you came to visit me in California and you are a damn good best friend when you want to be. I guess you grew out of me and that's understandable too. I can get pretty boring. 


Thank you for the good ideas. Thank you for the continual support. Thank you for giving us the good luck for the company. I really do appreciate that with the least amount of sarcasm possible in this situation. 


At the end of the day, you will always be my homie. Question is... am I yours?


\rant

2 comments:

  1. ): i was going to ask you about it too.. i'm sorryyy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh. i can't see who you are so i don't know who's posting this comment lol.

    ReplyDelete