Coachella

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Photography

Sometimes I feel like I lose sight on why I started photography... I think I started because I wanted to take amazing pictures of cars. But what about now? I don't even shoot cars all that often.


Photography is a way to express yourself. Photography isn't just a picture you take that captures a moment. It's a picture you take that captures your emotions, your life, your ideas, your everything. I mean there really is no way to explain it. You can ask a photographer to define why they do what they do and you'll always get a different answer. 


Photography at its best is when someone can appreciate it. It does not have to be amazing. It does not have to be picture perfect. It just has to tell this story that can translate to other people. Photography isn't about the gear that you have. It isn't about the lighting or the subject. It's about your dslr, camera phone, point and shoot, or whatever you have and the thing that you really want other people to see. 


I had this blog post kind of laid out in my head but once I started writing it, I kind of just lost sight of what I really wanted to say. I'm terrible at expressing myself in words. Maybe that's why I take pictures? Unfortunately those suck too haha.



No comments:

Post a Comment