Coachella

Monday, July 11, 2011

Basketball Revelations

So while I was playing basketball today, I realized... I want to be the super star.

Sounds crazy right?

Well I didn't realize that not everyone wants to be the super star.

I played on a team today of probably the best four people in the gym. Three of the guys play normally together and another guy was probably good enough to play college ball. He would shoot the three from 5-10 feet back or drive in on 3 people easy. The rest of us were just his support role and scored probably 4 of the 13 points needed.

After the game, one of the guys came up and told me he loved playing with that guy because he was so good. He liked to win but didn't want to try hard? At least that is what I got out of it. Maybe I misunderstood but I wanted to be the one scoring and the one shining.

I do like winning. I love winning. Only because I hate losing. But I would rather be the super star than the supporting role. I want to succeed in life and at the end know that I contributed to it 100% and was the main one.

But on a side note, they play to 13 points here and only by ones. Weird Californians. Oh wait I'm one of them...

No comments:

Post a Comment