Coachella

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Brooklyn Athletic Club

     Some how my photos got all mixed up and did not upload in the correct order. Oh well. Anyway, I had to pleasure to have great company go with me to Brooklyn Athletic Club. Danh informed me about this place and after looking over the menu, I had to try it. I haven't heard of it and did not know want to expect. We made a reservation for 6 the same day and they accommodated us very well for last minute. The inside of the restaurant is very small and cramped but makes for better conversation. We were placed underneath the TV in the back by the restroom. You can imagine that most of us were checking football scores and watching highlights while others were conversing. (I was one of the guys checking the scores)

     My overall impression of the place was good. Not great and not bad. We ordered the Mac & Cheese to share as well as the Pork Rillette. These were probably the two of the three highlights of the night. The Mac & Cheese had a nice consistency and flavor. It was not too strong and had just the right amount of cheese. The pork rillette was amazing. I really don't know how else to describe it so just go try it. Putting everything together on a small piece of crispy baguette to consume was tough but it tasted great. All the flavors came well together with the mix of sweet and savory. 

     The only problem I had with this place was the entrees were over priced. Two of us ordered the grilled sirlon with fries. Now, I was expecting something quite spectacular to be paying 25 dollars for steak and fries. I must say the steak was cooked to perfect temperature but it needed more seasoning. My fries were also not consistent in texture. A consensus was reached that both the burger and salads were good, but we would pass on the meatballs/pasta - due to the texture of the pasta.

     What was the third highlight of the night you ask? Well, it was the bread pudding! Amazing. Agreed by all.

     I really like the layout of the patio though. I didn't get to snap a picture but they had corn hole, ping pong, volleyball, and many other games. It was pretty much like an athletic club outside where you could enjoy a few drinks after a nice meal. 

All in all, I'd come back again to give it another shot but I'd probably go with the burger this time. 



No conversations needed.






Lights, Camera, Action.


Hiding.


Mac & Cheese


Pork Rillette


I got caught.


Steak and fries.


YSA's own Austin King!!!


Pappardelle and Meatballs


Bread Pudding


Another football onlooker. 

No comments:

Post a Comment