Coachella

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Burnt Truck

So I've heard A LOT of good things about this food truck here in California. My cousin did a video for them to enter a TV show and I was instantly sold. You wouldn't think that mini sliders would be that different from others but this one definitely was. 


When we arrived there, a line was already forming. It was probably about 15 people deep when we got there. My cousin told me that this was considered short. After a brief moment in line, I finally got to order. The menu wasn't huge but I definitely didn't know which one to get. So eventually I trusted my gut and got one of everything pretty much. 


First thing I tried was the regular cheeseburger. It was a great slider. I'm not a fan of avocado spread but it was delicious! I ate the beef dip next and it was just a ton of meat in a bun (no homo). It was definitely good with the au jus sauce that you dip it is. The fried chicken was my favorite one. It was pretty much like a fried chicken meal in your mouth. The chicken was cooked perfectly and very juicy. The glop of mashed potatoes at the bottom definitely just melted in with everything in my mouth.


I wanted to make a separate paragaph for the homemade PB&J because it was just spectacular. It was so simple yet a great slider. The peanut butter was homemade from SCRATCH. My cousin told me they killed three blenders before getting the right amount and recipe. They add crumbled up pretzels in the peanut butter as well. Now add some jelly and slices of banana and it's amazing.


Tater tots were... just tater tots. Good and cripsy. If you mess those up, shame on you!


All in all, I got four sliders, tater tots and a drink for about 15 bucks? Something around that. It wasn't that expensive and was definitely worth it! If you're ever out towards So Cal, stop by and check it out!





 

 

 

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment